DISCLAIMER

PICTURES ON THIS BLOG ARE EITHER TAKEN BY ME OR TAKEN OFF THE INTERNET. IF I HAVE TAKEN A PICTURE FROM YOU WITHOUT PERMISSION I WILL GLADLY TAKE IT DOWN.

20101024

Ta Moko


I was bored after the Bird's Eyes I did, so I did a Moko. A Moko, or Ta Moko is a traditional Maori facial tattoo to signify the transition between adolescent to adulthood. The women traditionally have it on the lips & the chin called a, kauae, where the men have it on the whole face, the buttocks (raperape) & thighs (puhoro). The were carved, that's right, carved into the face by chisels made of Albatross bone, to create grooves in the face. They were first used to show status, most of the higher-ranking people had them, where the "lower class" didn't. They also tattooed women's foreheads, buttocks, thighs, necks and backs and men's backs, stomachs, and calves.
I'm not Maori, but I've always had a love for the Moko. I'm Samoan & when I turn 18 I'll be getting the traditional Samoan Malu, which the delicate female version of the Pe'a. The Malu is a tattoo on the thighs & knees.

Oh, and I used Burt's Bees C/s, Sonia Kashuk Ebony gel liner, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment